Two thousand sixteen was a year full of record-breaking milestones. Many of our achievements were closely tied to our increased emphasis on, and broadened skill set in, product design (i.e., user research, user experience, visual design and user testing). These expanded service offerings under the design discipline complement our product management and software engineering specialties, and provide clients with robust, cross-functional product teams that align closely with customer and business needs.
If you were to ask me who Devbridge was two years ago, I would have told you that we were a software development company. Today, however, we’re a driving force behind product thinking within many leading enterprises. Our continued focus on combining user experience with product management will accelerate results for our clients for years to come.
As the company has grown and expanded, so too have the types of projects. Some of our more notable projects last year include:
- Several web and mobile banking applications for Tier 1 and regional banks that leverage emerging technologies and an improved customer experience
- A comprehensive tool used to plan and manage research and development investment for a FORTUNE 100 machinery manufacturer
- A cross-device web and mobile platform to manage the sale, delivery and payment of commodities for a Fortune 500 processor of agricultural goods
- A microservices architecture implementation for a major financial information services company to serve ratings and research content directly to customer applications
- A mobile field service application that supports a global network of thousands of technicians who install, maintain and monitor power generation equipment
Expanding Locations, Service Offerings and Resources
This past July, we opened an office in Toronto, which helped grow our North American client base by 40 percent across our three primary verticals—financial services, manufacturing and technology. Our Canadian team continues to grow, nearly tripling in size in just five months as a result of expanding work with existing clients and new business. We are particularly proud of our more than 80 percent client renewal rate as this is a testament to our team’s deep industry and technical expertise, get-things done attitude, and client service.
As a result of our expanded offerings and great work, we were also recognized for the fourth consecutive year as one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies back in August, with a three-year sales growth rate of 364 percent. We also were named last month one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in the Nation for 2016, for our commitment to excellence in operations and employee enrichment. The latter is quite the achievement, considering that we hired nearly 100 new employees in 2016.
A summary of Devbridge’s 2016 successes includes:
- Strategic expansion into Canada to serve the company's growing list of clients and fill a market need for digital product design and development
- 50%+ revenue growth
- 80%+ client renewal rate
- Onboarding of nearly 100 new employees globally across product management, design and software engineering
- Expanded and enhanced service offerings
- Continued growth and refinement of cross-functional teams to further build domain expertise
This year, we're focusing on one of our core values - Make Great Things. The opportunities and challenges our clients face are changing, increasing and becoming more complex as competition heightens and technology advances. But, we're stepping into the year with an amazing team that is focused on continuously advancing its skills and is committed to helping our clients develop great software.
From showing a Tier 1 bank how to gain velocity with an agile transformation to helping a machine manufacturer create an innovative guidance system and to partnering with an industrial distributor to disrupt the market with a new online customer experience, we never stop designing and developing. And even as our organization grows, our focus continues to narrow and strengthen on product design and development. We invite you to join us on this journey.