Devbridge is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to in this document) sets out principles regarding processing of personal data for recruitment purposes within Devbridge and the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in connection with our recruitment processes. Devbridge means any legal entity which is either directly or indirectly controlled by Devbridge. Please read the following document carefully, to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The company within Devbridge at which you apply for a recruitment at is responsible, i.e. controller, for the processing of your Personal data and is responsible for ensuring that your Personal data is processed lawfully.
We use Workable recruitment tool an online application (hereinafter the Database) provided by Workable Software Limited, to assist with our recruitment process. We use Workable to process personal data as a data processor on our behalf. Workable is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
Your Personal Information
Information we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- In particular, we process personal details such as name, email address, address, date of birth qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills and experience that you provide to us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of all actions that you carry out through the use of the Services.
- Details of your visits to Workable’s website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to Workable’s website and the resources that you access
We request that you provide only valid data and do not provide any special categories of data deemed as sensitive personal data (e.g. details about your state of health or political views) as well as other data not necessary for assessing your suitability to the position offered by us.
Information we Collect From Other Sources
Workable provides us with the facility to link the data you provide to us, with other publicly available information about you that you have published on LinkedIn.
When assessing your suitability to the position, we may ask your former employers to provide us information about your qualifications, skills or characteristics.
Uses Made Of Your Information
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are: the recruitment of staff for our business and necessity to take action prior to entering into an employment contract; enrolment in to the Devbridge Sourcery academy and necessity to make a contract for your participation in Sourcery academy.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect of other roles.
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
- To find appropriate candidates to fill our job openings.
- To consider your candidacy to Sourcery Academy and organising entry test.
- To organize Sourcery Academy training if you are accepted.
- To contact you regarding candidacy to future Sourcery Academies.
- To help Workable improve their services.
Automated decision making/profiling
We may use Workable’s technology to select appropriate candidates for us to consider based on criteria we have identified. The process of finding suitable candidates is automatic, however, any decision as to who we will engage to fill the job opening will be made by our staff.
How we Store Your Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to view it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
Who may access your data
Your Personal data may be shared with other companies within the Devbridge in cases when it is necessary to complete the recruitment process in relation to the position that you are applying for.
As a general rule your Personal data is processed within the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) but if necessary to fulfil the recruitment process, e.g. if you are applying to a position outside the EU/EEA, your Personal data may be transferred and processed to countries outside the EU/EEA. All transfers of Personal data will be made in accordance with laws and regulations and your Personal data will not be used for other purposes than for which we have informed you. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
The data that we collect from you and process using Workable’s Services may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). In particular, your data may be accessible to i) Workable’s staff in the USA or ii) may be stored by Workable’s hosting service provider on servers in the USA as well as in the EU. The USA does not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. A Data Processor Agreement has been signed between Workable Software Limited and its overseas group companies, and between Workable Software Limited and each of its data processors. These data processor agreements are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal data.
How long we keep your personal data
We will hold all the data for 60 months.
If you do not want your data to be processed after an unsuccessful application, you can delete your personal information or request deletion of your data at any time by sending an informing e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- request the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- request access to the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us using our Contact details below.
How to complain
If you have any complaints or questions, please send us an e-mail (email@example.com). If you think your privacy rights have been breached, you may lodge a complaint with an authority of the EU country of your habitual residence. Contact information for these authorities can be accessed at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.